Thursday, August 24, 2006

Not going for Law Bash. All I want is to just hang out with my friends, talk, have drinks. Maybe wallow a bit in self pity. Or spend time with my family, it's nice just to talk to them.
The funny thing about prayer is that you tend to do more of it when things aren't going your way. Prayer includes Thanksgiving but it's often glossed over. Yesterday, I sat down for a very long time with the Bible and just read-I didn't even do my LAWR stuff. You know the verse that goes something like "You will have troubles but fear not, I have overcome the world" or something along that lines? That's the verse that's been getting me through the week. I still ask "Why" - why things happen the way they do but I also recognize that it's more important to say "What" -focusing on the attributes of the Lord that remain unchanging. It's been a comfort.
Clara and Eugenia remain the best shepherds to me. I often tend to share my school stuff with Eugenia and with Clara, my football obsessions, love and life. Both interconnect often. I suppose that means I'm accountable to them. I thank the Lord for bringing me PoP and these two fantastic people. They really make me feel cared for and loved. And Clara's little messages often make me miss her alot even though I see her every weekend, I love you.
I'm blessed. (And to add on, I actually want to grab Sonya and hide her in my house and keep her in a little closet-I'll feed her of course, until her date for registering for classes at LSE is over and she has no choice but to stay in Singapore. Of course, we wanted to kidnap Judy to prevent her from leaving to Aussie, Eunice even suggested enlisting Nelson's help but in the end we couldn't do it. So there. I miss Judy loads and Nat when she was away and now Sonya is leaving on a jet plane. Sniff sniff but I still have YY and Benita)
My piano exam worries will always be there. At least until my teacher gives her comment when I next see her or until I finish the exam again. But as I said, Life it goes on. And I'm thankful that I have people who will walk beside me and the Lord to carry me through it.
Bad week- Chelsea wins 3-0 Man City
Good day- Chelsea loses 1-2 Middlesbrough
So if today was a relatively good day, except for finding out that now Chelsea are trailing in the Premiership to United and Pool and Arsenal (if they win their second match for P and A), then will I find out today that Jonathon Leong gets kicked out of Singapore Idol or that Chelsea draw Barcelona in their Group Stages? MY BELOVED CHELSEA.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAT!